Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Due to the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Please be aware that in the interest of patient and staff safety, we will be instituting several measures as noted below:
- Pre-screening patients during preoperative calls.
- Screening all patients, visitors, staff, and providers upon arrival to include temperature check (at front desk), assessment of any travel, virus exposure and experience with related symptoms.
- We ask that the patient and only one escort if needed be present for appointments
- Escorts are encouraged to wait in their cars and can be called in when the time comes to review post-operative instructions
- Everyone entering the office will be required to wear a surgical mask for the duration of their time at OMSA.
- We have removed all magazines from the waiting room, but we do have complementary WiFi if you would like to access the internet from your personal device.
- Implementing social distancing throughout the office.
- We are following strict infection prevention protocols.
- Visual alerts (signs, posters) have been placed at all entrances and in strategic places throughout the office providing instruction on hand hygiene, and social distancing.
- Ensure supplies are available (tissues, waste receptacles, alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.