Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates in Chapel Hill, Durham, Sanford NC
Our Mission Statement
Our practice is dedicated to providing excellence in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Care for our patients.
In meeting this objective we will:
- 1. Strive to remember patients’ personal and emotional concerns and treat patients as we would like to be treated.
- 2. Provide a pleasant and safe office atmosphere in which to treat patients.
- 3. Keep our knowledge current in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery through life long continuing education for doctors and staff.
- 4. Provide services, education and support that will make a positive impact in our community.
- 5. Provide an atmosphere that fosters mutual respect, appreciations, and consideration of doctors, staff members and patients.
- 6. In the office setting, we will strive to maintain a positive attitude, work as a team and support each other.
OMS Background Information
Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. As Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Dr. Frost, Dr. Sacco, Dr. Vandersea, Dr. Ruvo and Dr. Serlo manage a wide variety of complex problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. Drs. Frost, Sacco, Vandersea, Ruvo and Serlo practice a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. We can also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries, and fractures.
Our experienced staff is trained in assisting with Intravenous (IV) sedation or outpatient anesthesia in our state-of-the-art office setting. Patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery.
All surgical staff at Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates are experienced, ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) trained, certified oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants, who assist in administration of IV sedation and surgery. We also have trained registered nurses (RN) to assist in surgical care and recovery from sedation. All staff are informed administrative personnel, well-versed in health and insurance policies, and are CPR certified.